[AccessD] A2003:Extract Images embedded in a table

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri May 5 21:47:29 CDT 2006

On 6 May 2006 at 12:21, Darren DICK wrote:

> Hi All
> I Just inherited a dB
> There are about 120 images in this dB - 1 image for each record
> The Images for each record have been 'embedded' into the table as OLE
> Objects Is there a way I can extract each image and put 'em somewhere as
> bmp's or jpg's etc?

See http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm and grab:

A2KExportOLEtoJPEG.zip     A2K ONLY! This version saves the entire contents
of a table containing OLE Object Images to disk based Jpeg files. User
selectable compression rate. Version 1.5

or

 ExtractInventoryOLE.zip     A2K or higher ONLY! This version saves the
entire contents of a table containing OLE Objects to disk. Does NOT require
the original application that served as the OLE server to insert the
object. Supports all MS Office documents, PDF, All images inserted by MS
Photo Editor, MS Paint, and Paint Shop Pro. Also supports extraction of
PACKAGE class including original Filename. Contains function to produce a
full Inventory of the OLE field including LINKED path and Filenames. Uses
Structured Storage API's to read the actual contents of the field. Version
BETA 1.56

--
Stuart