[AccessD] [SPAM SUSPECT] Re: To re-link or not to re-link.. .

Mon May 15 12:41:19 CDT 2006

Your boss maybe needs to consider where 'facts' come form. :-) The most
important source is empirical testing.

Here's a fact for him:

Been running various Access applications for 10 year, in both Access 97 and
2002. Never needed to relink any tables at startup.

Why might you need to do so?

1/ The drive mappings on a user's system might change, making the backend
seem to have disappeared. Solution? Use UNC path not drive mappings.
2/ The backend might have been moved to a different file server, so the UNC
path does not point to it any more. Solution? Develop a relationship with
the network managers so you'll know in advance if things are going to move.

HTH

Lambert