[AccessD] OT: Virtual OS software...

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue May 16 11:08:40 CDT 2006

A lot of big shops are getting into this with a slightly different flavour
What they used to do was have one application per server, if they had more
than that and an app failed it could bring down multiple applications.
Now they put the one application on a virtual pc via an image copy, but you
can have multiple virtual pc's running on a server, if one fails it doesn't
bring down the entire server.  This reduces the number of servers required
on a site. And you have a new hot buzz word Virtual Servers.
This is the gist of it but is a bit more involved.
Sooner or later you maybe installing Access applications as a virtual PC.

By the way you can also install Windows on a 2 gig PC flash drive via
PCBart.
I have users who run small Access apps this way in shops that don't
allow Access
installations.

--
Marty Connelly