[AccessD] OT: Virtual OS software...

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue May 16 12:36:11 CDT 2006

We went with VMware for our Virtual Machines and Servers.  Primarily
because if you go with VPC you need to also make sure you have SP1
installed otherwise it doesn't perform very well.  I know less about
how it works with diffrent operating systems as I have not fully
tested it.  With VMware Workstation and Server (beta3) all my machines
work flawlessly I have a Linux/Oracle VM, Ubuntu (linux flavors). and
some Windows 2003/XP/2000 VMs as well.

I use a clean VM where nothing else is installed to test my Access2003
installs on.  And when new shareware hits the streets I can also use
these machines as the test beds.  typically I also use briddged
networking adapters so that the machine has it's own IP and Mac
diffrent from the hosts.

What's neat is that it's easy enough to move around your VMs from
machine to machine, and that's not necessarily true of VPCs.

--
-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!