[AccessD] Cheecking field exists

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Thu May 18 10:26:42 CDT 2006

Martin:

Here's a snip where I add a field based on the field count of a table.
I suppose instead of checking the field count you could loop through the
fields collection looking at the field names.

HTH

Rocky

Dim wrk As DAO.Workspace
Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef
Dim fld As DAO.Field

Set wrk = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
Set Db = wrk.OpenDatabase(gstrDatabaseName)
Set tdf = Db.TableDefs("tblPartMaster")

If tdf.Fields.Count = 24 Then
    Set fld = tdf.CreateField("Picture", DB_TEXT, 255)
    fld.Properties("AllowZeroLength") = True
    tdf.Fields.Append fld
End If

Set fld = Nothing
Set tdf = Nothing