[AccessD] ADPs ETC in 2007 - Upsizing to 2005

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Fri May 19 12:30:38 CDT 2006

For Information

I have just received the new SQL Server 2005 upsizing tool provided by Microsoft.This is not released yet and still early beta. It blows the upsizing wizard, other third party tools and DTS out of the water. Its a stand alone tool and not part of Access.

It can be used to prepare everything from 97 up to SQL Server 2005, full or Express. Now my opinion may change when I test it and see what bugs etc they have actually removed but on first look it is way ahead of what we have. Dosnt work for 2000.

ADPs to SQL Server 2005 look very hopeful.I should have more concrete stuff soon.

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Training and Assessment Unit
Riddle Hall