[AccessD] Creating Filter Form for Report

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Thu May 25 10:52:18 CDT 2006

Bryan:

I use a multi-select list box of equipment in this snip in the open
event of the report to create a filter which will display selected
equipment in a report and set the filter this way:

    If Forms!frmMaintenanceSchedule!fraEquipment = 2 Then
        Me.Filter = ""
        For Each varItem In
Forms!frmMaintenanceSchedule!lstEquipmentRatings.ItemsSelected
            If Me.Filter <> "" Then Me.Filter = Me.Filter & " OR "
            Me.Filter = Me.Filter & "fldEquipmentID = " &
Forms!frmMaintenanceSchedule!lstEquipmentRatings.Column(0, varItem)
        Next varItem
        Me.FilterOn = True
    Else
        Me.Filter = ""
        Me.FilterOn = False
    End If

where Forms!frmMaintenanceSchedule!fraEquipment  is an option frame
which asks All Equipment (1) or Selected Equipment(2) and column(0) of
Forms!frmMaintenanceSchedule!lstEquipmentRatings, the multi-select list
box, has the Autonumber ID of the equipment record.

HTH

Rocky

--
Rocky Smolin