[AccessD] Record number in query

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Thu May 25 10:56:00 CDT 2006

Max,

Below is the condensed version of what the sample showed.  Hope it helps.

Mark A. Matte

IN QUERY as Field where counting Empid or some field
*****************************
Countfld: MyAutoCtr([Empid])
*****************************

BEHIND FORM or somewhere to be called EVERYTIME before running query with
this function
*****************************
lngTableCounter = 1
*****************************

IN A MODULE
*****************************
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Global lngTableCounter As Long

Function MyAutoCtr(prmAny)
'Trick is to pass a field from the input table(s) so that function called
for each record
'otherwise Access thinks that the function will always return the same value
and
'only calls it once, and every output record gets the same value
MyAutoCtr = lngTableCounter
lngTableCounter = lngTableCounter + 1
End Function