[AccessD] Text Box Control Source Problem

Chris Enright cclenright at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 09:40:45 CST 2006

I am doing a small job on Access 2K and having strange happenings!

  I have a series of Text Boxes in the Form Footer which should add up minutes spent by employees on different tasks. However they are all showing #Error

  If I enter into the Control Source of one Text Box:

  =Sum([qryIG_Wed].[DBAdminEventTime])

  and try to save it, it changes to

  =Sum(qryIG_Wed.DBAdminEventTime)

  If I enter

  =Sum(qryIG_Wed.DBAdminEventTime)

  and press Enter, it changes to

  =Sum([qryIG_Wed].[DBAdminEventTime])

  If I View the Form I have #Error, however if I have the Properties Box open in View Mode and enter

  =Sum(qryIG_Wed.DBAdminEventTime)

  it converts it to

  =Sum([qryIG_Wed].[DBAdminEventTime])

  and the correct figure is shown in the Text Box.

  I have spent 4 hours on this problem and it is driving me crazy!  I have tried importing everything into a new database. Compacted and repaired. In fact everything I can think of short of using a hammer on the computer. (within the next hour).
  I am sure I am missing something very easy.

  Someone help me please

  Chris