[AccessD] IATA Airport codes to import into MS Access database

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 12 13:33:44 CST 2006

It depends on how accurate you need to be

Here is one site that supplies IATA 3 char and IACO 4 char lists of
airport codes 30,000 total for 50$ in csv format.
Probably a more accurate breakdown
It may include military, emergency and dirt strips.
These are the backwoods ones you fly over at night, send a radio signal
on a pre-set frequency and the runway lights turn on..

http://www.mapping.com/airportcodes.html

IATA sell a subscription for $3000

This site states 9,400 large airports
http://www.world-airport-codes.com/

Some airports are a little odd. I have flown in here
BRR Barra in Outer Hebrides.
The runway is a sand beach, landings and take offs depend on the tide
There are scheduled flights in here

click on satellite map
http://www.world-airport-codes.com/united-kingdom/north-bay-630.html

--