[AccessD] help with cascade combobox

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 17 21:03:58 CST 2006

How about something simple like
    Dim dbs As Database

    ' Modify this line to include the path to Northwind
    ' on your computer.
    Set dbs = OpenDatabase("Northwind.mdb")

    ' Create a new record in the Employees table. The
    ' first name is Harry, the last name is Washington,
    ' and the job title is Trainee.
    dbs.Execute " INSERT INTO Employees " _
        & "(FirstName,LastName, Title) VALUES " _
        & "('Harry', 'Washington', 'Trainee');"

    dbs.Close

You could ask a question like this to append records to a table or start
with empty  table

If MsgBox("Do you want to create a new file table (yes: create, no:
append)", vbYesNo) = vbYes Then
    DoCmd.RunSQL "DELETE DISTINCTROW Employees.FirstName FROM Employees;"
End If

Pedro Janssen wrote:

>Thanks Marty,
>
>Making the cascade comboboxes is no problem, but storing the data in a table
>is the problem.
>Is there an easier way to do this then the example in the second example
>that you refered to.
>
>Pedro Janssen

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.