[AccessD] Excel Import

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Nov 21 05:28:23 CST 2006

Hi Don

Perhaps this about Dynamic Named Ranges:

http://databaseadvisors.com/pipermail/accessd/2006-March/042838.html

Unfortunately, exactly such a range can _not_ be used as the source when linking or importing.

/gustav

>>> Donald.A.McGillivray at sprint.com 21-11-2006 00:31:00 >>>
True, but the inserted rows need to be ABOVE the last row in the existing range in order for this to work, no?  Not such a big deal if you're adding a row or two, but when adding large blocks of data, it can be a pain to insert exactly (or slightly more than) the number or rows you want before adding the data.  You definitely don't want to insert fewer than you will need.

I seem to remember somebody (Gustav?) posting some code a few months back that managed the dynamic expansion of a named range in Excel.  Don't remember how it worked, or anything else about it, but it looked like a useful thing for situations like this.  Does that ring a bell with anybody else?

Don