[AccessD] Stored Procedure not producing results

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Wed Nov 22 09:14:18 CST 2006

It seems that you missed the point, JWC. In a PITA setup, nothing is ever destroyed or overwritten. Thus I can roll back the database (metaphorically) and discover that on January 11, 2004 Dr. JWC had his office at 123 Main Street, but on February 1st of the same year, he moved his offices to 234 Side Street. On the former date, Dr. JWC had x clients, and on the latter date he had y clients.

That is the whole point of PITA.

You do not apply the concept to some tables and not others, in general. The distinction lies on QCDs (quickly changing dimensions) versus SCDs (slowly changing dimensions). To be safe, you apply the "do not destroy anything" to all tables in the database. For example, Yugloslavia and the former USSR became several countries recently. But we need to be able to look up JWC as of September, 1990 and see the data as it existed then. At that time, Sarajevo was in Yugoslavia. Now it is not. I still need to preserve your 1990 address.

Arthur