[AccessD] OT: RE: Hey Shamil

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 22 14:55:02 CST 2006

The real problem maybe International Fees if not a resident,
usually double the standard fee rate. This maybe waived at the
Universities discretion or covered by one of many bursaries
or scholarships. Grad school applications in North America
usually have a Jan 31 deadline and under grad May for the fall term.
There are ways around this but you will have to ask or grovel a bit;)
You would also have to check if visa allows part time student work
most do in Canada.

I know my kid brother who did two degrees in Law in England &
Scotland  and had to pay International fees even though he had a UK
passport but was a Canadian resident. Well my father coughed up
the money. There was an advantage Law in the UK is an under grad
degree unlike North America where it is a grad degree requiring
7 years (4 under grad 3 grad) . Articling for the bar in Canada
presented a problem as only one province Alberta recognized
UK law degrees.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.