[AccessD] XML Import Sample File

Greg Smith gwsmith at iowatelecom.net
Tue Nov 28 14:19:59 CST 2006

Shamil:

Hold the bus...on my last email (which hasn't appeared at this time).
Maybe I should TEST more thoroughly before opening my mouth (fingers?).
I've done some more testing against the original text file you sent with
the samples and it apparently WILL pull the data from whatever level I
make it go to in the XML text file.  I must've had something wrong in my
original test code or file (can't imagine THAT ever happening.... ).

I'll run a boatload of other tests on it to see if it will work with the
file I expect them to send.

Greg

======================
Hello Greg,

It works well here with MSXML v.6.0 - data are imported:

Public Function Parse(ByVal vstrURL As String, ByVal vstrTableName As
String, ByVal vavarFields As Variant)
Dim reader As SAXXMLReader60 '30
    mavarFields = vavarFields
    mstrTableName = vstrTableName
    mintFieldIndex = -1
    mintFieldsCount = 0
    Set reader = New SAXXMLReader60 '30
    Set reader.contentHandler = Me
    Set reader.errorHandler = Me
    reader.parseURL vstrURL
End Function

I have no clear idea why it doesn't work there on you PC.
Try to put breakpoints and debug/trace it...

--
Shamil