[AccessD] Upgrading from Access 2000 to 2003

Kath Pelletti kp at sdsonline.net
Tue Nov 28 23:35:39 CST 2006

Steve - I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say the vba can but the form can't.....

You have a control with =getdefault() which throws an error but you can use the same code in the vba window to force the control to be populated and it works? That's interesting because I had a control with syntax something like this =txtjob.column(1). When I opened the form the text box would be empty but if I clicked into it then the contents would display.

I had to add code to the form's load event to set the value to get it to work. (even though it worked in A2K).
Sounds like a bug - I don't know that adjusting the level of error checking will help that.

Kath