[AccessD] Single and Double Inverted Commas!

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Nov 29 10:19:32 CST 2006

Hi Chris

How about a lazy solution:

  strControlSource = "=DSum('DCAdminEventTime','qryEM_Mon')"
  Me.MonTotDBAdmin.ControlSource = Replace(strControlSource,"'","""")

/gustav

>>> cclenright at yahoo.com 29-11-2006 12:14:08 >>>
  I am getting too old and have been away from programming far too long
  I never have understood the use of " and ' completely
  Could someone please correct this for me,
  Me.MonTotDBAdmin.ControlSource =
  and what I want it to equal is
  =DSum("DCAdminEventTime","qryIG_Mon")
  but with the IG being replaced with strInitials
  My attempt with strInitials="EM" came out as =DSum('DCAdminEventTime','qryEM_Mon') and wouldn't work

  Thanks
  Chris