[AccessD] VSS - Build from source error question... SOLVED

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Mon Oct 2 13:41:06 CDT 2006

Ok, I finally figured it out.

I created a blank DB with just a few items in it.  Added it to SS, and then
built from source.  It worked fine.

SO I then took an older copy of my app, created a new SS project from it and
then tried to build from source.  Well, it failed on several objects just
like it did in the original post.  BUT!  It also told me that it wrote some
error messages out to a text file.  SO I open up the file and there it is,
something to the effect that I was trying to import an item that was created
in a later version.

I had forgotten that an Access XP install defaults to the 2000 format.  And
since you have to be in 2002 format to create an MDE, many of the items were
in 2002 format.

It's weird that it did not give me those error message files earlier.

Thanks to anyone that tried to help with this.

Bobby