[AccessD] Blinky Lives!

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Oct 1 10:15:07 CDT 2006

Well... There appear to be two places in the programming IDE where you
specify the chip that you are working with and the frequency.  Being new to
this I am not sure exactly why there are two, but I suspect that one has to
do with the IDE itself (telling the 'C' language) and the other has to do
with the debug board that sits on the end of the USB port and talks to the
target system, telling that what board it is talking to.  Again I am not
sure.

However what I do know is that I was poking around and found another place
where the chip was entirely different and the frequency was 80,000 when it
should have been 8,000,000.

Once I changed that it started working.  At least that is what I think made
the difference.

There is just so much to learn with this stuff.  I haven't used 'C' for a
living since 1997 when I did the last controller project so you could say
I'm a little rusty.  Then there is the new IDE stuff.  How to use the
in-circuit programmer / emulator.  What the processor pins do, how to use
interrupts, counters, PWM, and eventually (a long way down the road) getting
the controller talking RS232 to a terminal program on the PC.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting