[AccessD] Access 2007

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 2 19:01:46 CDT 2006

Hmm I just found out the Office 2007 Beta 1 automagically installs
Outlook 2007
I thought I only had 97 installed.
Anyway I have the file AccessDCActionFile.xml under my admin user
Documents & Settings directory
It looks like it uses this data file  to collect and mange email sent
and recieved
via External Data --> Manage Data Collection Messages
When you return an HTML message response that is automatically added to
Access
it seems to change   <userReply>true</userReply>
from false to true in the xml file.

- <form id="{712183A7-B4AB-46D2-BD14-1EBAA5097379}"
moveToFolder="00000000C5F5AEA0C9B7814597A5983475577C4422820000"
FormType="HTML">
  <path>C:\Access files\MartinReid\MartinTest.accdb</path>
  <userReply>true</userReply>
- <formProperties>
  <automateDataCollection>true</automateDataCollection>
  <enableDataCollection>true</enableDataCollection>
  <maxReplies>25</maxReplies>
  <numReplies>0</numReplies>
  <allowMultipleReplies>true</allowMultipleReplies>
  <allowMultipleRows>true</allowMultipleRows>
  <onlyUpdates>false</onlyUpdates>
  <stopDateTime>0</stopDateTime>
  <onlySentTo>true</onlySentTo>
  </formProperties>
  </form>

Microsoft Outlook security prevents HTML mail in many organizations.
You likely won't ever get clientside validation for HTML forms as all
popular email clients block script.

This maybe why if you have lookup codes in say a Customers Form at the
bottom of the HTML form
You have this information added that you would have to add in code
Information that helps users fill out the form.
Select the field name to return to the data entry portion of the form.

Customer:
In the list below, select the number that corresponds to the value you want.
1.    Alfreds Futterkiste
2.    Ana Trujillo Emparedados y helados
3.    Antonio Moreno Taquería

Employee:
In the list below, select the number that corresponds to the value you want.
1.    Buchanan, Steven
2.    Callahan, Laura
3.    Davolio, Nancy

Ship Via:
In the list below, select the number that corresponds to the value you want.
1.    Federal Shipping
2.    Speedy Express
3.    United Package

Martin Reid wrote:

>Anyone  who has Access 2007 and Outlook 2007
>
>Would you mid running the Email Data Collection Wizard
>Once it has run could you check if you have an XML file located at
>
>Application Data\Microsoft\Access\AccessDCActionFile.xml
>
>May or may not be that path. Even if you dont find the file could you let me know.
>
>Thanks
>
>Martin
>
>Martin WP Reid
>Training and Assessment Unit