[AccessD] OT: Excel Question - Lock a Formula

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Sat Oct 7 15:43:56 CDT 2006

Hi Rocky,

Yes! And it's easy.

Just put a $ in front of the column letter in the spreadsheet formula.

Create your formula, copy, then paste into the cells where you want the
formula to be.  When you look at the formula in those cells, you'll see that
the column reference has not changed.

You can do the same with the row references too.  In fact, you can get
pretty clever by combining column and row references that do change and that
don't change.

All the best,

Dan Waters