[AccessD] ODBC

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 11 12:52:11 CDT 2006

I was talking about a NTFS file lock on the ldb file.
I had seen recent references to this on an MSDN blog, whether it is true
so I fiddled around with this and created a fake .ldb in notepad
with one entry and closed it, so all file locks on the ldb were dropped
It opened up the mdb in 97 with no complaints.
so I guess you are right.

http://blogs.msdn.com/larryosterman/archive/2006/02/17/534234.aspx

You could use this code to see if a file lock is in place to test if the
condition occurs
http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/fileapi/createfile_inuse.htm

--
Marty Connelly