[AccessD] OT - URL & Visual Basic

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Oct 12 10:15:22 CDT 2006

Hi Paul

If more than a couple of files, I would use FTP as he will have FTP access to his own site.
If you look up the archive, several threads deal with how to achieve this.

I can recommend to use the 3D-FTP engine which works extremely reliable:

  http://www.3dftp.com

and the API guide:

  http://www.3dftp.com/api.htm

As it runs multi-threaded uploads are very fast. Cost is about USD 40.

/gustav

>>> paul.hartland at fsmail.net 12-10-2006 10:51:46 >>>
To all,

I have been asked if the following is possibly, my friend has his own website and has something on there (haven't gone into this bit) that will leave a new folder or file on set days.  He wants to get the new folder(s)/file(s) each day and back them up to his local drive (C:\), and he doesn't want to keep having to do this manually....So the question is there a way he can put in his URL path then the program will pick up all the folders and files inside that path and copy them to the C:\ drive.

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Paul Hartland
paul.hartland at fsmail.net
07730 523179