[AccessD] Access 2000/ 2002 ADP with SQL SERVER 2005?

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 12 22:00:40 CDT 2006

You will have problems.
You will not be able to use any of the designers with SQLS 2005
databases, whether it's SQL Express or the Developer edition. IOW,
you won't be able to create databases, tables, views or any other
database objects from an ADP.  Installing SQL Express in crippled
SQL 2000 compatibilty mode will allow this however.
Essentially you will have to develop an ADP against SQL 2000
and then upgrade to SQL Express.

Also SQL-DMO has changed to SQL-SMO.

--
Marty Connelly