[AccessD] Check Only One

Hollis, Virginia hollisvj at pgdp.usec.com
Mon Oct 23 11:12:13 CDT 2006

That makes sense, thanks. It has been awhile since I created a database
- forgot about doing it that way.

Ok - one question though. The Other field they need to enter text. If
they click Other, would it do to have a txt field activate so they can
type in it? But would that be a separate field from the table that lists
the choices?

Virginia,
If you create a frame and put the checkboxes or radio buttons in a frame
I think this restricts input to only one choice, what you can then do is
assign each choice a value (say 1-4) and store the value in a field.

Then you have a table of your choices with two fields, one for the value
and one for the text:
Value          Text
1                 Drill
2                 Injury
3                 Fire
4                 Other

then when you do your query, link your main table with the value field,
into your value field, and get it to display the description.

Sorry if I haven't made myself clear but am just leaving work....if you
need any further info, contact me here or offline.

Paul Hartland