[AccessD] MS Access 2007 - where may one have a look at the full list of the new objects, properties, methods, ...

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 25 16:42:37 CDT 2006

Please do, Shamil

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Shamil
Salakhetdinov
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 2:21 PM
To: 'Access-D'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] MS Access 2007 - where may one have a look at the
full list of the new objects, properties, methods, ...

Hi All,

As far as I see there are ~300+ new properties for MS Access 2007 objects.
153 of these properties are to set/get embedded macros' to process
forms'/reports'/controls' events - like in this sample to set embedded macro
for command button's Click event:

Dim strMacro As String
strMacro = _
"Version = 196611" & vbCrLf & _
"ColumnsShown = 8" & vbCrLf & _
"Begin" & vbCrLf & _
"    Action = ""OpenForm""" & vbCrLf & _
"    Argument = ""frmTest""" & vbCrLf & _
"    Argument = ""0""" & vbCrLf & _
"    Argument = """"" & vbCrLf & _
"    Argument = """"" & vbCrLf & _
"    Argument = ""-1""" & vbCrLf & _
"    Argument = ""0""" & vbCrLf & _
"End"
Me.cmdTest.Properties("OnClickEmMacro").Value = strMacro

These new [{EventName}EmMacro] properties seems to be available only via
.Properties collection.

Another interesting new feature is that Report object has now additionally
all the events of the Form object and reports' controls have now all the
events of the corresponding form controls...

Here is the list of unique new properties' names ([{EventName}EmMacro]
properties are not listed):

AggregateType
AllowLayoutView
AllowReportView
AllowValueListEdits
AlternateBackColor
AppendOnly
AutoHeight
BottomPadding
CursorOnHover
CustomRibbonID
DatasheetAlternateBackColor
DatasheetCaption
DisplayAsHyperlink
DisplayOnSharePointSite
FilterOnEmptyMaster
FilterOnLoad
FitToPage
GridlineColor
GridlineStyleBottom
GridlineStyleLeft
GridlineStyleRight
GridlineStyleTop
GridlineWidthBottom
GridlineWidthLeft
GridlineWidthRight
GridlineWidthTop
HorizontalAnchor
ImageData
InheritValueList
Layout
LayoutID
LeftPadding
ListItemsEditForm
NavigationCaption
NavPane Category
NavPane Closed
NavPane Sort By
NavPane View By
NavPane Width
OnPaint
OrderByOnLoad
RightPadding
SaveSplitterBarPosition
SeparatorCharacters
ShowDatePicker
ShowOnlyRowSourceValues
ShowPageMargins
SplitFormDatasheet
SplitFormOrientation
SplitFormPrinting
SplitFormSize
SplitFormSplitterBar
TextFormat
TopPadding
UseDefaultPaperSize
VerticalAnchor

If that is interesting I can publish complete list of 300+ new properties
somewhere on my site....

--
Shamil