[AccessD] Record Maximum

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Tue Oct 31 10:17:06 CST 2006

If you want a testimonial tell your customer that all our financial
reporting and profit planning is done via an Access database into which data
is downloaded from an AS400 and which is used to produce dozens of Excel
reports to the board and Sr management,ie if this sytem ever went down I
would be in deep doo. We are $600 million in sales with 160 locations. The
system has run reliably for 5 years, currently the back end is over 500mb.
If properly build they should not have problems.
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: Gowey Mike W [mailto:Mike.W.Gowey at doc.state.or.us]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 8:21 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Record Maximum

Thanks guys for your input.  I was just looking for some ways to explain
to the customer that the rumor that they heard about Access databases
crashing when the size of the database reached over 100mb.  I already
explained that this was a vicious rumor and explained to them how it
works, but they were not totally convinced so I was looking for more
amminition to though at them to eleviate their concerns.

Thanks again