[AccessD] OT: ASP.Net Opening Access 2003 reports?

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 31 13:51:09 CST 2006

Here is how to do with ASP, not sure about ASP.net
Create XML Web Reports From Access XP

http://amazecreations.com/datafast/ShowArticle.aspx?File=Articles/xmlrptexample.htm

It would involve Posting the output produced from code like this

 Sub ExportReport()
   ' Purpose: Exports the Invoice table as well as
   ' the presentation and image files. In addition,
   ' a file containing the ReportML is created as
   ' denoted by setting the OtherFlags flag equal
   ' to 16.
   Const CREATE_REPORTML = 16

    Application.ExportXML _
        ObjectType:=acExportReport, _
        DataSource:="Invoice", _
        DataTarget:="C:\Invoice.xml", _
        PresentationTarget:="C:\InvoiceReport.xsl", _
        ImageTarget:="C:\Images", _
        OtherFlags:=CREATE_REPORTML

End Sub

Jim DeMarco wrote:

>Sander,
>
>I read an interestig article a while back that detailed how to use
>Access as the reporting engine for ASP.NET applications.  In short it
>involves getting input from your user and running the report in Access
>(installed on server I'd imagine).  The report is then exported to XML
>from Access by your .NET app.  Access does a real good job of creating
>XML/XSL so the reports will look like Access reports.
>
>I hope that makes sense (and helps).
>

>Jim DeMarco

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.