[AccessD] Opening Access 97

Bill Patten bill_Patten at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 31 14:34:17 CST 2006

Hi Gary,

I'm pretty sure I used this back in the 97 version

Hope this helps.

ChangeProperty "AllowBypassKey", dbBoolean, True ' (True to allow , false to
disallow)

 Some of the others that may be handy.
*****************************
   ChangeProperty "StartupShowDBWindow", dbBoolean, False
   ChangeProperty "StartupShowStatusBar", dbBoolean, True
   ChangeProperty "AllowBuiltinToolbars", dbBoolean, True
   ChangeProperty "AllowFullMenus", dbBoolean, True
   ChangeProperty "AllowBreakIntoCode", dbBoolean, False
   ChangeProperty "AllowSpecialKeys", dbBoolean, True
*****************************
Function ChangeProperty(strPropName As String, varPropType As Variant,
varPropValue As Variant) As Integer
  Dim dbs As Database, prp As Property
  Const conPropNotFoundError = 3270
  Set dbs = CurrentDb
  On Error GoTo Change_Err
  dbs.Properties(strPropName) = varPropValue
  ChangeProperty = True

Change_Bye:
  Exit Function

Change_Err:
  If Err = conPropNotFoundError Then  ' Property not found.
    Set prp = dbs.CreateProperty(strPropName, varPropType, varPropValue)
    dbs.Properties.Append prp
    Resume Next
  Else
    ' Unknown error.