[AccessD] Limit Text in Field

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Tue Oct 31 22:16:47 CST 2006

Slick. My only criticism is that it waits for the user to go too far, rather than cautioning the user that he is about to go too far. (I tend toward guiding users to correctness rather than busting them for errors.) Perhaps your code could be modified to write the [length] + " of 255 characters allowed" to the status bar, so the user anticipates the error rather than commits it.

Not a big deal. I like your solution. One of my mantras is, "Make the user feel like a dancer." That means preclude error to the best of my ability, and then of course deal with it should it occur.

A.