[AccessD] AccessD Digest, Vol 43, Issue 8

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Sep 10 10:32:36 CDT 2006

I think what everyone is forgetting is that the database is physically
moved.  Only one person (or location) is ever in here at one time.  Given
that, then there is no issue.

Site1 uses it.
It moves.
Site2 uses it.
It moves.
Site1 uses it.
It moves.

No replication involved.

Unless

Site1 uses it
A COPY is placed somewhere. (How do you do this without sharing that
location?)
Site1 continues to use it.
Site2 uses it.
Site2's copy is brought back to site1.  Again how?
Site2's copy is then merged with site1's copy.
Site2's copy is then sent back to site1.

Replication REQUIRES using a shared site, whether that is an FTP drop
location or a location where the BE sits.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting