[AccessD] copying worksheets

Billy Pang tuxedoman888 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 16:40:20 CDT 2006

Thanks Marty and may the force be with you.  I tried the different
copy method but I still get the same result (error message).
However, I noticed that the excel app still exists after I destroyed it.
That is...

         Dim xlApp As Excel.Application
         Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

         some code for adding data to the the worksheet
         some code for copying the worksheet
         xlApp.Quit
         Set xlApp = Nothing

(that is, after stepping through set xlApp = nothing, I can still see
Excel.exe in my windows task manager)

However, if I remove the code that copies the worksheet, excel.exe is
properly removed after set xlApp = nothing.

Billy

On 9/12/06, MartyConnelly <martyconnelly at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Use the Object Browser Luke!
> There is more than one copy method
> or it maybe you haven't set the activesheet
> in your method
>
> Sub CopyAndName()
> ' This creates a new sheet,
> ' copies the data from the first sheet,
>
> Dim sName As String, sht1 As Worksheet, sht2 As Worksheet
> Set sht1 = ActiveSheet
> Set sht2 = Worksheets.Add(after:=ActiveSheet)
> sht2.Name = "MyNewName "
> sht1.UsedRange.Copy Destination:=sht2.Range("A1")
> End Sub
>

> Billy Pang wrote:
>
> >Hello:
> >
> >>From Access, I'm trying to make a copy of a worksheet within an instance
> of
> >Excel that is created at runtime in VBA.
> >
> >xlsheet.copy after:=activesheet
> >
> >However, I get the following error message.
> >
> >Run-time error '5'
> >
> >Invalid procedure call or argument
> >Any ideas?
> >
> >Many thanks in advance,
> >Billy
> >

> --
> Marty Connelly
> Victoria, B.C.
> Canada

Billy Pang
http://dbnotes.blogspot.com/
"Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box." -
Italian proverb