[AccessD] Report Group Page Breaks with no break for the ReportFooter

A.D.TEJPAL adtp at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 18 12:48:07 CDT 2006

John,

    Apparently you wish to force page break after the group footer in such a manner that normally, such break gets forced compulsorily, while at the end of report, there should be no forced page break if adequate space is available to accommodate the report footer as well.

    It is suggested that you should avoid setting any page break in report design via properties dialog box of group footer. Instead, insert the sample code given below, in format event of appropriate group footer. TxtCount is the name of calculated text box in Detail section (with the expression =1). Its running sum property should be set to Overall.

Best wishes,
A.D.Tejpal
---------------

================================
Private Sub GroupFooter1_Format(Cancel As Integer, _
                                            FormatCount As Integer)
    If TxtCount < DCount("*", Me.RecordSource) Then
        ' Not yet yet reached the end of report. Force
        ' new page after group footer.
        Me.GroupFooter1.ForceNewPage = 2
    Else
        ' End of report has been reached. No need to
        ' force new page. Access will take care of
        ' placing the report footer either on current page
        ' or the next one, depending upon room available.
        Me.GroupFooter1.ForceNewPage = 0
    End If
End Sub