[AccessD] OT: Is anyone into controllers?

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Tue Sep 26 09:09:53 CDT 2006

John,

<<You wouldn't believe what
these grown men are doing to their kid's ride-on toys.  ;-)>>

  Actually I probably would<g>.

  One thing I would have loved to get involved in some way was the DARPA
desert challenge.  Teams had to build an autonomous vehicle that could
travel the 142 mile desert course.

  Another item that appeals to me is the proof of concept ideas that NASA is
looking at for a space elevator.  They want to see various ideas for a
climber.  He's a blurb on it:

http://news.com.com/NASA+hosting+space+elevator+competition/2100-11397_3-590
7569.html

  Of course I'm not sitting here with millions in my back pocket, but it's
cool to think about anyway.

Jim.