[AccessD] OT: Rich Internet Applications (RIA) (was: Switchingto VB.net)

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Tue Sep 26 09:22:50 CDT 2006

...its simple math to me ...the net is 70-100 times slower than a LAN
...until we get a next generation net with 100mbps speeds, no browser app
can have a gui "just like" a client server app ...the best we can hope for
is a thin client that works reliably and transparently with disconnected
record sets ...and thin clients are inherently single app ...which isn't
good enough by far for too many of my needs.

...imnsho, this is the reason behind MS pursuing dotNet with such tenacity
when they already had a pretty good thin client in Terminal Server.

William Hindman