[AccessD] Excel automation issue

John Skolits askolits at ot.com
Tue Apr 3 08:36:06 CDT 2007

I have a problem on my PC but it's not occurring on any other PC.

When trying to do a CopyFromRecordset to Excel. I receive the following
error.

"Class does not support automation or does not support expected interface"

The only new thing I have done lately was to install SqlServer 2005 and VB
2005. These were not installed previous to this issue and are not install on
any of my other PCs.

Ms Knowledgebase seems to point to using Access97 with Excel. But I'm
running Access 2000. I have all the latest Service packs.

I have totally removed Office and reinstalled.

The other odd thing was I found an MDAC that's 2.8 SR1. Thinking it may fix
the problem, I tried to run it and it said "This setup does not support
installing on this operating system"

Anyone run into this yet.

John Skolits