[AccessD] Access 2002 to Access 2007 compatibility

McGillivray, Don [IT] Donald.A.McGillivray at sprint.com
Thu Apr 12 15:58:51 CDT 2007

Hello, All

I've been involved with a little project on the side that was developed using Access 2003.  The program is very simple - just a front end with few reports and a UI to pass criteria to them for viewing.  It is not being deployed as a runtime.  The folks I've been working with have been asked by a potential customer whether the program will function as-is under an Access 2007 environment.  Neither I nor my associates intend to upgrade to 2007 soon, so we can't easily experiment with this to be sure.  If the new Access is like its predecessors, I presume there may be some "gotchas" with such an implementation.

Specific experiences, areas of concern, or suggestions other resources for study would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Don McGillivray