[AccessD] SQL Server - Time only in date field

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Apr 1 12:03:08 CDT 2007

Hi John

But isn't the upsize thingy an Access tool?
This SQL should cause zero problems:

  insert into dbo_timetable (timefield) values (#12:00:00 AM#)

Which "other date problems" did you encounter? The datetime data type of Access/JET is very strict on holding valid dates/times only.
This sounds very weird.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 01-04-2007 18:46 >>>
It is valid in ACCESS, but may not be in SQL SERVER.  Or, as you say, it may
be a limitation of the upsize wizard.  All I know is that once I handled
these (and other date problems) the table moved.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting