[AccessD] Excel automation issue

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 09:49:14 CDT 2007

John,

I had a similar error recently...but not exactly the same...only some
machine had the error...but all machines 'appeared' to be the same.  My
problem was around DAO connections...in the VBA window, under
tools...references...everyone had the same 3 things checked including DAO
3.6

What I later found to be the problem was not what is checked...but what is
available to be checked.  Apparently Access needs some of the old DLLs even
though they are not checked in References.  My culprit was DAO 3.51. The
machines that were having the problem with what seemed to be sound
code...were indeed missing the 3.51 dll even though the db supposedly was
not being used.  I copied the file to each machine, registered them...and
everything worked fine.

Your error and mine weren't the same, but from what I can remember very
similar...and both were good code and referenced automation.

at the time I found something on MS site describing the old dll missing
issue...but I can't find it now.

Good Luck,

Mark A. Matte