[AccessD] Simulate AutoFilter

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Wed Apr 4 14:02:04 CDT 2007

Thomas,

You can make a form with 40 textboxes, one "slipping" combobox and subform.
If we assume that Group By/Select distinct on your 1.5 million records on
any of 40 fields is satisfactory speedy (<=3 sec to complete) (is it like
that?) then on GotFocus event of a textbox you can put over textbox (by
using VBA event processing code) a "slipping" combobox and fill its
rowsource with corresponding Group By data etc...

If getting filter values using Group By isn't a speedy enough process then
you can use temp database and fill it on start-up of your application and
show a progress bar form to the user recommending him to take a break and
drink some coffee while your filter form/temp database is getting
initialized...

In any case there will be not that much VBA coding to implement this
filtering form...

--
Shamil