[AccessD] Change the focus from Access to an IE window.

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 6 00:40:20 CDT 2007

Here is how to open IE with various sized windows and toolbars
just pass your URL to .Navigate property.
It doesn't have to be a URL can be file like pdf or xsl; local or remote

Sub testIEvarious()
'------------------
' display various formats Tiffs PDF XLS local or remote
'If you add a reference to "Microsoft Internet Controls"
'(SHDOCVW.DLL) you should be able to do:
'Public IE as .... and find "InternetExplorer" in the popup menu.
'So then you have what you wrote, which is early-bound,
'and you can use that as follows:

'   Public IE As InternetExplorer
'   Set IE = New InternetExplorer

Dim objExplorer As Object
Dim strReturn As String

Set objExplorer = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
'Set objDocument = objExplorer.Document
objExplorer.Navigate "about:blank"
objExplorer.Toolbar = False
objExplorer.StatusBar = False
objExplorer.MenuBar = True
objExplorer.FullScreen = False
objExplorer.AddressBar = False

objExplorer.Width = 800
objExplorer.Height = 570
objExplorer.Left = 0
objExplorer.Top = 0
objExplorer.Visible = 1
'objExplorer.Navigate "http://www.databaseadvisors.com/"
'objExplorer.Navigate "192.168.0.1/st_devic.html"
'objExplorer.navigate "http://checkip.dyndns.org/"
objExplorer.Navigate "http://www.adobe.com/prodlist.pdf#page=3"
'objExplorer.navigate "C:\records management\aircanadacasestudy.pdf#page=4"
'objExplorer.Navigate "C:\records management\Copy of rim_guide_sarbanes.xls"
'objExplorer.Navigate
"http://www.swimseattle.org/Forms/ScholorshipPolicy2003-2004.pdf"
'objExplorer.Navigate "file://C:\records
management\aircanadacasestudy.pdf#page=3"
'objExplorer.navigate "C:\records management\aircanadacasestudy.pdf#page=2"
'objExplorer.Navigate
"http://www.adobe.com/products/server/pdfs/customer_FAQ.pdf#page=3&zoom=200,250,100"
'objExplorer.Navigate "C:\Documents and Settings\marty\My Documents\My
Pictures\VS.tif"
'objExplorer.Navigate "res://msxml.dll/defaultss.xsl"
Do While (objExplorer.Busy)
Loop

MsgBox "finished"
Set objExplorer = Nothing