[AccessD] New database design for MS SQL

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 7 12:16:39 CDT 2007

Two tier authentication with a USB Fob is supposed to verify
the guy with the password and the USB token are the same.
In other words the password hasn't been loaned out.
The token alone won't get you in.

There are $5 USB tokens on the market now but may require
some server hardware possibly  in 2K to 5K dollar range.
Until this year the price was around  $60.

Here are some cheap Canadian examples.
http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=41998

I have been looking for a case study where someone has hooked this
into Sharepoint sites. The vendors might be able to provide it.

Some continental European banks have been doing client web app
with USB tokens (even at an 60 Euro cost) for a couple of years.

Charlotte may have done some HIPPA work.
Aside from this there has to be a lot of data encryption.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.