[AccessD] Wrong number of records returned in Union query

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Apr 9 12:00:38 CDT 2007

Hi Jim

You are on the track. You need:

  UNION ALL

/gustav

>>> Jim.Hale at fleetpride.com 09-04-2007 18:39 >>>
I have a simple select  query that returns a different number of records
when it is run by itself than when it is run inside a union query. I believe
it is because duplicate records (which I need) are being dropped.  I have
tried the distinct and distinctrow key words in the union query to no avail.
Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thanks

The SQL for the union query is as follows ( the first query is the broken
one:

SELECT  DISTINCT qryPlanCapex_sub.fldCOMPY, qryPlanCapex_sub.fldDEPT,
qryPlanCapex_sub.Name, qryPlanCapex_sub.fldProjectNo,
qryPlanCapex_sub.fldDescr, qryPlanCapex_sub.fldYr, qryPlanCapex_sub.fldQtr,
qryPlanCapex_sub.fldAmt, qryPlanCapex_sub.Kind, qryPlanCapex_sub.fldRegion,
qryPlanCapex_sub.PlanPrNO, qryPlanCapex_sub.fldArea FROM qryPlanCapex_sub;
Union
SELECT qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub.fldCOMPY,
qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub.fldDEPT, qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub.Name,
qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub.CAR_Number,
qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub.Description, qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub.Yr,
qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub.Qtr, qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub.CAR_Amount,
qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub.Kind, qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub.fldRegion,
qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub.Internal_Asset_ID,
qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub.GLMBRANCHES.fldArea
FROM qryYTD_Capex_ApprovedAmt_sub;
UNION
SELECT qryYTD_Capex_sub.fldCOMPY, qryYTD_Capex_sub.fldDEPT,
qryYTD_Capex_sub.Name, qryYTD_Capex_sub.CAR_Number,
qryYTD_Capex_sub.Description, qryYTD_Capex_sub.Yr, qryYTD_Capex_sub.Qtr,
qryYTD_Capex_sub.Acquired_Value, qryYTD_Capex_sub.Kind,
qryYTD_Capex_sub.fldRegion,
qryYTD_Capex_sub.Internal_Asset_ID,qryYTD_Capex_sub.GLMBRANCHES.fldArea
FROM qryYTD_Capex_sub;