[AccessD] Getting info from a single record table

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Mon Apr 16 14:15:10 CDT 2007

John,

I'd probably load the rate value from the table via code at the start-up of
the form that uses it and put it in a module-level variable.  Allow the user
to change the rate by loading the value from the database into a text field,
then let the user change it, then update the database with the new value.

'load the data
dim mdRate as double
dim rs as recordset
dim db as database
dim strSQL as string

strSQL="SELECT Rate from RateTable;"
set db=currentdb()
set rs=db.openrecordset(strSQL,dbopensnapshot)
mdRate=rs(0)
rs.close
set rs=nothing
db.close
set db=nothing

'And use it like:
[AmtOwed] = [Miles] * mdRate

Note that this is air code, but it should get you started.

Bobby