[AccessD] XQuery in VB 6

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 19 19:55:50 CDT 2007

As long as you are clear that XQuery now runs in SQL 2005 only.
Using XQuery to manage XML with SQL Server 2005,
you can create a table or a stored  XML document in an xml datatype
Maybe you can run from a Stored Procedure not sure.

Microsoft originally included XQuery in the .NET framework for use with
client-side XML processing. They have since removed it from the .NET
framework
and kept XQuery native only to the SQL Server environment.
The reasons for this vary from being more secure to better performance
by having
it at the SQL Server level. The .NET framework does still include XML
client-side parsing
capability through the use of the Systems.XML namespace, however.
this namespace includes Xpath 2.0, a language for locating and extracting
parts of an XML document. XQuery can also use Xpath expressions.
Xpath 1.0, 2.0 is also available with XML 4.0 and XML 6.0 standalone parsers

I'll post a couple of  XPath VBA examples.

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.
Canada