[AccessD] OT InfoPath

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 05:22:32 CDT 2007

Anyone any experience with Infopath.

I have an InfoPath form connecting to SQL Server 2005. I have the form working as I want it in that it does the insert to the back end.

I want to add a new section to the form that dosnt get inserted but does return data in response to a parameter entered into a text box on the form. I do however want one text box value from this group to be inserted with the rest of the form. The idea is that a member of staff will enter a student number into the text box and this will populate the section with the personal details on the student. I want to add the student number inot the Insert.

The second part of the form is a call logger. That bit is done.

I am not (for those with experience) using a web service for this. I do intend to move the conenction to an EndPoint SQL Server 2005 web service once i understand how they work properly.

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Training and Assessment Unit
Riddle Hall