[AccessD] Dot Net, where to start?

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Fri Apr 27 13:11:32 CDT 2007

All,

There are excellent video tutorials available
on the Microsoft site that you can download and
go through at your own pace.

Also, I would highly recommend getting a tool
like Codesmith and using the .netTier template
for it. This will essentially give you a database
layer essentially the same as Access, but customized
to your SQL Server database.  I cannot vouch for
how it works with anything else as a backend, because
that is all I use any more.

If you don't want to put out the $299 or $99 for
Codesmith (.netTier is free), check out the
Enterprise Library (also free) from Microsoft.
It will give you an Access like object library
that is much easier to program against.  Codesmith
is based on top of this.

John, based on how you like to design with classes,
you will also want to check out the Model-View-
Presenter design pattern.

Robert