[AccessD] Visual Studio Standard 2005 won't install

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Apr 29 06:26:39 CDT 2007

Hi all

I found out that if on cd-rom, it _is_ a two-disk set.
A friend provided the missing disk 2, so now I have VS2005 installed and running.

/gustav

>>> Gustav at cactus.dk 26-04-2007 16:28 >>>
Hi all

Anyone having the Action Pack? Finally, the above title arrived but it won't install.
It keeps popping a message:

  Please insert the disk: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition - ENU Disk 2

but there is no disk 2.
This appears during the very first install item, "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005", and the file ..\Common7\Tools\VDT\vdt80.dll

I've browsed all over the net and can find some hints mostly related to downloaded images burned/saved to cd/iso with wrong titles, but this is the original cd which doesn't carry any info that it should be "Disk 1".
I've also tried to copy to cd to a folder and install from that, and also to disable antivirus but to no avail.

I had VB 2005 Express and Web Express installed (with no errors) but those were uninstalled first.

Any hints?

/gustav