[AccessD] Changing Default Printer

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue Aug 7 14:48:22 CDT 2007

Dear List:

Slightly different request for changing printers to the one I had a few day
ago:

Is there an easy way to save the current windows default printer and change
to a user pre-selected printer (name stored in an local options table)?

This is for a distributable app so there's no way to know what the installed
printers are.  The program needs to print to a PDF file.  So the user has to
have a PDF printer installed.  They pre-select it through a combo box on a
control panel loaded with all the installed printer names and the printer
name is saved in a local table.  The app then runs at night without user
intervention triggered by windows scheduler.  So when it runs these reports,
I need it to change the windows default printer to whatever printer they
select.  And then change it back after I'm done printing.

MTIA

Rocky