[AccessD] Point of Sale software for Tile Shop

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:05:06 CDT 2007

Hello All,

A good friend of mine is opening a new shop selling floor and wall tiles.
He has asked me whether I know of a package that will work for the first few
months, or I guess six to twelve months perhaps.

His basic requirements are

to facilitate Point of Sale,
to maintain a list of products
to store cost and sell price for the products
to produce invoices
to maintain a list of customers
(he will also support cash sales of course)

he does not want or need integrated accounts at this stage, that is being
handled separately by another small accounts package.

Finally, his units of product are boxes of tiles, and each box covers a
certain square meters or square yards.  So, we would like to be able to
enter square meters and the system will automatically tell him how many
boxes he required to sell.

I have not googled it yet, but I thought I would ask here, just in case one
of you have a ready made solution sitting on a disk somewhere.

Finally, I should mention in advance that he is trying to keep his budget to
a minimum.

Thanks for your attention,

Mark Breen